Thursday, March 08, 2007

Season of Change

I have officially hung up my skates.

I'm sad, but I am really looking foward to making some positive changes in my life. I need to "grow up" and get my shit together. If I am ever going to be ready for Mr. Right then I need to be Miss Right instead of Miss For Now.

So this means I need to pay my bills on time, get rid of my debt, go back to school and get a degree, and take care of me instead of everyone else. I have been thinking about leaving derby for a long time, but I love it and really feel it is something I am good at. When it comes down to my personal goals and my derby goals I need to do what is going to be best for me in the long run. I hope the girls will still call on me occasionally to help out and I plan on going to all the games and cheering them on. I don't want derby to disappear completely. I just need to take what I have learned about myself from derby and apply it to the rest of my life.

So thank you derby girls. You changed my life for the better.

No comments: