Monday, November 21, 2005

I had a dream about you last night

We were in the middle of a crowd, hadn't seen each other in ages, I saw you first, my cheeks flushed at the thought of us together. Your eyes meet mine, first in confusion, then surprise, and finally lust. You maneuver your way through the sea of people and reach for my hand. I'm timid at first, butterflies in my belly and my heart racing. We embrace as old friends and the standard questions emerge, how have you been, what are you up to now, do you remember the time we. You ask where I'm headed to and I ask where you've been. I know that time doesn't matter when it comes to the two of us. I whisper to you that I'm on my way home. You ask if you may walk me there. I nod yes as you take my hand and we begin to walk. Each step brings memories of laughter shared, secrets revealed, truths told, and passion ignited. When we reach my front door, you ask to come in. I say yes. You ask to be part of life once more. I say yes. You ask me to forgive you. I say yes. You ask me if I still love you. I say yes. You ask me to spend my life with you. I say yes.

And then my dream ends. I wake with a sense of emptiness because you aren't there beside me. I wonder if wherever you are if you are dreaming of me. I wonder what if...

No comments: