Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I've completely lost focus.

I have been totally blowing off school this semester. I would much rather spend my time screwing around with the Cabana Boy then writing a lit paper, taking a geography quiz, reading my history, or studying our government.

It's totally my fault though. I always want to do the fun things instead of the things I should be doing. No more though. I am buckling down and busting my ass for the rest of the semester. If I can pull a C out of all my classes then they won't cancel my financial aid and I can continue going to school next semester.

The whole point of going back to school was so I could have a career I love and am inspired by rather then a job I loathe that pays the bills. Unfortunately, this job that I loathe is coming to an end. I have been treated like I am stupid by my boss for the last time. I am agressively pursuing other opportunities now. I've always had my eye out for something more "me", but now I really just need to find a job where I am respected for everything I do.

So my goals for the next 3 months are as follows:
1. Complete the semester with a 2.0 or greater GPA.
2. Find a new job.
3. Find a house to rent for me, the Cabana Boy, the Pool Boy, and all of our four-legged children.
4. Get my finances in order.
5. Start a savings account so I have a little something for a rainy day.
6. Spend more time with my friends.
7. Take more time to take care of me.
8. Start my new CASA case.
9. Eat better and drink more water.
10. Plan a vacation for the end of summer.

If I can accomplish all of those tasks I will be well on my way back to me. And maybe I will even be less cranky/sad/stressed too.

No comments: