Thursday, March 24, 2005

New Puppy

This is so late in coming, but I have not been in the blogging mood as of late. A few weeks ago the lovely Cabana Boy deceided that we needed another dog because the 4 we already have between us isn't enough. Not only that but we needed another big dog because the 2 American Bulldogs and the Pitbull aren't enough big dogs. So we look in the paper at all the dogs available and he tells me to call on a few of them. I really wanted a Chihuahua. I already have a 3lb Yorkie and I wanted something that would be close to her size so she would have a snuggle buddy.

So later that day we end up going to look at an American Bulldog/English Mastiff mix. Once we get there we are told there is also an American Bulldog/Great DAne mix available as well. So we play with both dogs, and CB look at me and says, "Which one do you like better?"
"The Dane mix because she's friendlier."
So he buys her for me. Just like that. Her name is Madison and at 6 months old she is already weighing in at around 70 lbs.

We get her home and she is completely glued to me. She thinks she is a lap dog. All she wants to do is snuggle up. I fell in love with her immediately. That is until we realized that her previous owner had trained her to only go potty in her kennel. She has no idea what to do outside, she can't walk on a leash, and she knows no commands. There is absolutely no way I can handle her. She's crazy. I tell him that he needs to take her to his house and let his other dogs help train her. This idea is cemented when I get home from work the second night we had her.

I come home and Diva the Wonder Dog is standing in the middle of the living room with her head down and tail between her legs. I look around and she has done nothing wrong. I go to let Madison out of the guest bathroom and Diva takes off. I open the door and OH MY FUCKING GOD. This dog has shit in the bathroom. Not only did she shit and piss in there but she has spread it EVERYWHERE. The floor, counter, tub, walls, and door are covered in shit. And there she sits tail wagging. I call the CB and tell him that I am bringing the dog to him NOW. I can't handle her and he better come up and help me clean this mess up. My poor bathroom will never be the same. Did I mention that no one lived in my apartment before me and that it was BRAND NEW when I moved in? Disgusting.

Madison lets me give her a sponge bath and I put her in the car and head down to CB's shop. We take her to his house and explain to his roommate the situation. Flash foward to now and Madison is doing so much better. CB's roommate has worked wonders with her. I saw her last Saturday and she was already more relaxed and playful. She remembered me too. :) She's going potty outside now and he is working on getting her leash trained. Maybe in another few weeks she can spend the weekends with me. But I'm keeping her out of the bathroom! LOL

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: