Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A little can go a long way

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. It seems that my life has been spinning out of control as of late. I hate to come on here and just be all woe is me, so I've been keeping to myself.

A small sample of my recent hell:
I threw a rod in my car and had to buy a whole new vehicle.
I've never been so broke in all of my life.
I've been feeling horrible, headaches, colds, just weird.
My job sucks ass and my boss has been a real asshole to me lately.
I had to give away the dog the Cabana Boy bought me cause she was a psycho.
One of my really good friends moved halfway across the world.
We had to put my goats to sleep because the one I hand raised from 3 weeks old got cancer and goats bond for life.
We moved and nothing has gone smoothly, I had to paint our new bathroom 5 times to cover up the horrid green that was in there.
The Cabana Boy and I have major issues to work through and it's not going as well as I had hoped it would.
And to top it all off, my asshole of an ex decided to stalk my best friend and I had to deal with all that mess.

Soooooo........

I have felt awful these last few months. Like nothing I do ever goes right and I can't make a good decision to save my life. I've been going through my day to day like a zombie wiht nothing really making me smile. Until today...

I'm standing in line at Qdoba about to get to the register when I get tapped on the shoulder. This stunning blonde woman leans over and says, "I have this coupon for a 2 for 1, would you like to split it with me?"
I could've cried. I didn't really have the money to spend there, but I wanted the comfort food. So I got my lunch for $3 instead of $10. She was so kind and friendly. I was finally in the right place at the right time for once. That small act of kindness put a smile on my face and gave me a glimmer of hope for what's to come.

So thank you blonde lady at Qdoba. You made my day.

1 comment:

rashell said...

sorry you are so overwhelmed lately, Becc.
If you need anything let me know.