Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I missed the love boat

I have this friend that I have talked about here before. The guy that has everything I want in a man and more. The one that makes me laugh when I'm crying and the one that is there for me whether I need a hug or a beatdown. A few months ago we went from strictly friends to flirting around a bit. As I spent more and more time with him I became more and more attracted to him. I flirted every chance I got, we started going out together on weekends, and we talked everyday.

One day he began trying to get me to tell him how I felt about him. He would say things like, "You know you want me." And I would come back with some sassy remark. I was afraid of telling him how I really felt. Afraid that he wouldn't feel the same way about me, afraid that if things didn't work out I would lose this wonderful friendship, and afraid of getting hurt again. We kept skirting the subject for weeks. He would make an innuendo, I would make an innuendo. Neither one of us wanted to be the one that said I dig you first. I thought I had all the time in the world to get a bit more confidence up before I said something. I was wrong.

This woman came into the picture. Now he's talking to her everyday and not talking to me as often. They have "inside jokes" between them. She lives far away and they made plans to see each other. His friends told me not to worry about her, tell him how I feel, we would be good together. But now it's too late. They've met and she calls him her own. I waited too long and now I sit here broken hearted. I missed out on a wonderful man because I was afraid. Damn.

No comments: