Saturday, May 20, 2006

How can a night be so good and so bad?

I should have known last night after I spilled half a bottle of red nail polish onto the white carpet (don't ask, but do send cleaning tips) that I should stay home and hide under the covers. I finished getting ready and headed out to meet some friends at a nightclub we don't typically frequent. The only reason I went was because my hot latino crush was going to be there and I knew I was looking pretty hot. HLC and my friends were waiting outside when I got there and he reached over and hugged me, kissed me on the cheek, and told me how hot I am. I am such a sucker for compliments. So we all go inside and my friend Gin and I feel completely out of place, we are two rockabilly girls in a sea of trendsters. I see some of my fellow derbygirls and go over to say hi. I find out that I am needed to go to Vegas with the team. I am so excited!!! All night long HLC kisses me and says nice things to me. At one point he grabs my face and gives me this knee weakening kiss and I think to myself that this night is about to get interesting. And interesting it got. A little while later HLC comes off the dance floor with some chick and he is all over her. My feelings are quite crushed. As much as I try to be casual with guys and not get so emotionally involved, I just can't. I am not made that way. So now I am pissed off and hurt and not wanting to be there any longer. We leave and are halfway to the next bar when I realize that I have forgotten my damn credit card. So back we go so I can close out my tab. We proceed to another bar where I run into the chick that CB tried to cheat on me with (which while I harbor no hard feelings towards her, seeing her just pisses me off) and a dog almost pees on my leg. Great. Nothing is really happening there so we head out to our fave rockabilly bar to meet some friends. We get there and things are a bit better and this guy comes and asks me to dance. Actually he asks Gin if she minds if he asks me to dance and I thought that was really sweet. So we dance and he is a pretty decent swing dancer. I am quite shitty by this point though and have two left feet. As it is closing time, he leaves, but gives me his number and asks for mine. Most have been the alcohol but I gave it to him. I really don't expect him to call though.
I come back home and my roommate comes up and hangs out with me for a chat. This is why my roommate fucking rules. He and I have such great chats and see the world in many similar ways. Talking to him made me feel better about the whole HLC situation. I have decided to quit talking to HLC for my own good. I know that when I have that kinda chemistry with that kind of guy that only bad things happen.

No comments: