Monday, July 17, 2006

Missed Connection

Do you ever read the Missed Connections section of craigslist? Or in the personals of your local paper? I do. I'm always hoping from within the deep, dark place inside my heart that is full of secrets that maybe someday, someone would write one for me.

So today I wrote one for Poet. I wrote one in order to free my heart and to clear my confused mind. Some days I want to be with him and on others I want to wash my hands of him forever. I remain his friend in spite of the hurt he has caused me, in spite of his closed-mindedness to all that is different from him, and in spite of how difficult he makes it. I remain his friend because I want to be his friend, plain and simple. My life has been better because he is a part of it. I want that to stay the same. Maybe he'll see it, maybe he won't. I feel better having written it.

No comments: