Monday, December 26, 2005

Can nice = naughty?

Here's the rub, every girl wants what she can't have or doesn't exist. I know, I know, this news is so very shocking you must sit down and fan yourself before you succumb to shock. LOL

I have this impossible idea of what MY man should be:

A true gentleman - I want my door opened, my hand held, my honor defended in a dark alley, and to be walked to my car at night.

A romantic - I want flowers for no reason, gentle kisses, cuddling on the couch, and surprises that make me giggle.

An old fashioned traditionalism - I want him to mow the lawn, fix the car, bring home the bacon, take out the trash, and kill the bugs.

A dominant lover - I want to be "taken", my pleasure in pleasing him becomes his pleasure, I want him to call the shots, and I want to be wanted endlessly.

I don't think it should be so hard to find all of these things in one man, but it is. One of my biggest issues to date has been finding one or two of these things and then latching on hoping I can make him do the rest. It's like what men want from a woman, "Lady in the street and a freak in the sheets." I want the same thing in a man. I want a man I can take home to mama that will knock her socks off and have her asking me when we'll be making the "big commitment". I want a man that has me so sprung that I want him anytime, anywhere. I want a man that can kick some ass in a fight and that lets me see him cry when things are bad. I want a man that knows how to rebuild a carburetor and writes poetry. I want a M-A-N.

So because I'm looking for the bad boy with the soul of a poet I seem to not be attracted to truly decent guys. You know the ones, right ladies? The sweet, full of compliments, genuine all around good guy. Yeah, that good guy would meet most of what I want and more, but I wonder if he can really man-up when I need him to. Can he be aggressive enough in bed for me? Can he fight his own battles, especially when provoked? Will he make me feel like I belong to him and no one else?

I have decided to keep dating outside my box. Even though things did not work out before, I did learn a few things about who I am and what I really need. It's worth it to keep trying and not turn down anyone. I have two very nice guys that I am currently talking with. I enjoy our conversations tremendously. They both make me laugh and I feel comfortable. But I also feel like something could be missing with them. That carnal spark between a man and a woman that curls your toes and makes you weak in the knees. I also have someone that I think fits everything I could ask for and more, but I don't know if he thinks of me "that way". I guess we all just wait and see what unfolds...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweets...I have learned that you CAN have all those things you want. it takes patience. When you least expect it, the prefect guy will come into your life.

Meanwhile, do what you can to make yourself happy. In doing so, you will gain so much self confidence, and you will just radiate it from yourself.

Everything will fall into place in time