Saturday, December 31, 2005

Rockstars, drunks, and Odinists. OH MY!

So I've been burning up myspace trying to meet new people. Notice I said trying. LOL Not to say I haven't met some new friends, they just know my old friends too.
I started a new job a few weeks ago and I have really connected with a girl that I work with. We are the same age, both have Yorkies, and are a lil bit punk rock. I went out a few Saturdays ago with my friend Gin, and we met up with some of the girls from the derby team. Gin is from out of state and recognized this guy at the bar. Come to find out that thye knew each other through a mutual friend in Gin's hometown. My new friend at work is this guy's best friend. We were at the same bar at the same time and didn't see each other.

Fast foward to this week when I met my very own Boondock Saint. Boondock is from Boston (gotta love that accent, very sexy) and sings in a local band. He invited me to come to his show last night, so I listened to some of his band's tracks and really got into it (his band is a mix of hardcore, punk, and hip hop). So I think of Gin, and call and ask her to come out with me. Turns out she knows Boondock!! Samll fucking world it is.

Then I meet this new guy, Infamous. He's got that smartass attitude that really trips my trigger. I just dig his anti-social style. We get to talking and it turns out that he grew up with two of my friends!! Good gawd!!

So last night a bunch of people met up at my house to go to Boondock's show and then to a local dive bar afterwards. Talk about an eclectic group of people, there were rockabilly girls, punk rockers, former skinheads, hip hoppers, artists, chefs, college boys, ex cons, and me. LOL

I had a total blast hanging out with everyone and being able to introduce one set of my friends to another and seeing them totally get along. We all want to hang out again soon. I've missed being able to hang out with my friends and not worry about the guy I'm with offending someone. I've missed being able to hang out and not have someone calling me 100 times to see what I'm doing. I had more fun last night then I have in a really long time.

On the boy front: I've met a few guys that I plan on going out on a date with. There is one in particular that I really, really like. Stay tuned for more details...

No comments: