Friday, January 13, 2006

Life is good

Derby practice is going well. It's kicking my ass and I'm exhausted all the time but I love it. The girls are so sweet and so helpful. I feel like the biggest fucking dork on eight wheels right now, but hopefully with some more practices I'll start feeling more confident. Right now every time I skate I feel out of control and wobbly. I have only fallen once or twice (not on purpose) so that's good. I've been doing falling drills, stopping drills, crossovers, scissors, and endurance. My legs hurt all the time but I'm pushing through it and keep going and going. I must say that my ass is looking quite fabulous from all this exercise though. ;)

Aaron worked on my sleeve more last night. He did all the outlining for the new stuff. In a few months he'll do the gray shading and then he wants to do the color at the Denver Tattoo Convention in June. My arm is fucking killing me today. It's swollen and tender as hell. I love the new work though. I'm so glad I don't have practice again until Sunday. I don't think I could take any hits right now. Aaron is one of my favorite people to be around. He makes me laugh and we have a good time together. He also "gets" me which is unusual. He's coming to my RMRG event on Saturday so we should have a good time.

I find out today if I get to keep the job I've been temping at for the last month. I really like it here and the people I work with are great. I'm really hoping I get it. Ya'll know how much I need it right now being on my own. There is a possibility of a roommate in the future so that would be awesome as well. I've been avoiding going home a lot lately (which is so unlike me because I love spending time at home with my dogs) because I hate going home to an empty house. I don't miss the guy, I miss the being with someone. I want to date and meet people but I just haven't been motivated enough. I've had invitations galore, but I think I'm not ready yet. I'm sure he's already moved on and not thinking about me, but I can't help still being a bit sad. Thank Dog for derby! Without it things would be a helluva lot worse!

No comments: