Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Roller Derby Overload!!!

I just got back from spending the weekend in Tucson, AZ for the first ever national roller derby tournament. The Dust Devil was amazing!!!! I have learned so much more about the sport and my passion for all things derby has been intensified exponentially. These girls put their blood, sweat, and tears (not to mention ALL of their free time) into making this sport a force to be reckoned with. My team was eliminated on day one, but all was not lost. We did really well considering our lack of experince, recent player turnover, and a few injuries sustained before the weekend. I have no doubt though that these girls will continue to learn and grow and before you know it become one of the top teams in the land. I am honored and priviledged to be a part of this league. Even though I won't be competing, (I have decided to ref) I will continue to devote all of my free time to derby.

Besides, have you seen all the cute boys that come to bouts? HOT DAMN!!!! Hee hee.

No comments: